Professor PD Dr. Caroline von Gall
- Comparative constitutional law
- Law and justice in Eastern Europe
- European Human Rights
- Coherence in the european fundamental rights pluralism
Areas of Research
- Institutions and Institutional Change in Postsocialism: Between History and Global Adaptation Pressures (2010-2016), supported by BMBF
- Philosophy of law in Eastern Europe, supported by Fritz-Thyssen-Foundation
- Judicial reforms in Ukraine
- March - September 2021: Guest professor for public law and international public law at FU Berlin.
- 21.01.2021: Habilitation at the University of Cologne, Venia legendi in public law, international public and european law and comparative law.
- March - September 2020: Guest professor for public law and international public law at FU Berlin.
- 01.02.2012: Appointed as assistant professor ("Juniorprofessor") for East-European Law and public law (W1) at the University of Cologne.
- since 2017: Member of the board of Cologne-Bonn Centre for Central and Eastern Europe.
- since March 2011: Member of the Board of The German Association for East European Studies. (Deutschen Gesellschaft für Osteuropakunde).
- February - August 2011: Visiting Scholar at the Columbia University Law School New York, USA.
- 2009 - 2011: Research associate at the University of Cologne.
- 2008: PhD in law (Dr. jur.), Title of the dissertation thesis: "The concepts of 'national unity' and 'uniform power' in the Russian theory of state and law" („Die Konzepte ,staatliche Einheit‘ und ,einheitliche Macht‘ in der russischen Theorie von Staat und Recht“)
- 2007 - 2009: Legal clerkship.
- 2005 - 2007: Doctoral Studies at the University of Cologne.
- 2005: 1st State Examination in Munich.
- 1999 - 2005: Law studies at the Ludwig-Maximilian-University, Munich.
Publications and lectures
A list of selected publications is available here: Publications (as of January 2020).