Prof. Dr. Caroline von Gall
Junior professor for Eastern European Law and Public Law. (on leave 1.4.2020-30.9.2020)
Guest professorship at Freie Universität Berlin (Spring semester 2020)
Consultation hours of Prof. von Gall: During the semester subsequently lectures or by registration at the office.
- Comparative constitutional law
- Law and justice in Eastern Europe
- European Human Rights
- Coherence in the european fundamental rights pluralism
Areas of Research
- Institutions and Institutional Change in Postsocialism: Between History and Global Adaptation Pressures (2010-2016), supported by BMBF
- Philosophy of law in Eastern Europe, supported by Fritz-Thyssen-Foundation
- Eurasian Economic Union
- Judicial reforms in Ukraine
- 01.02.2012: Appointed as assistant professor ("Juniorprofessor") for East-European Law and public law (W1) at the University of Cologne.
- since 2017: Member of the board of Cologne-Bonn Centre for Central and Eastern Europe
- since March 2011: Member of the Board of The German Association for East European Studies. (Deutschen Gesellschaft für Osteuropakunde)
- February - August 2011: Visiting Scholar at the Columbia University Law School New York, USA.
- 2009 - 2011: Research associate at the University of Cologne.
- since 2010: Lecturer for East-European Law at the University of Cologne.
- May 2010: Lecturer for German Constitutional Law at the Ivane Javakhisvili Uniersity, Tifilis (Georgia).
- March 2009: Awarded the Klaus-Mehnert-Prize for outstanding young scholars by the German Association for East-European Studes.
- 2008: PhD in law (Dr. jur.), Title of the dissertation thesis: "The concepts of 'national unity' and 'uniform power' in the Russian theory of state and law" („Die Konzepte ,staatliche Einheit‘ und ,einheitliche Macht‘ in der russischen Theorie von Staat und Recht“)
- 2007 - 2009: Legal clerkship at Higher Regional Court Celle with traniee stations at the frederal foreign office, Berlin, the European Commission, directorate general transport and energy, Brussels, and the law firm White & Case, Hamburg.
- 2005 - 2007: Doctoral Studies at the University of Cologne, Doctoral Scholarship by DAAD.
- 2005: 1st State Examination in Munich.
- 1999 - 2005: Law studies at the Ludwig-Maximilian-University, Munich.
- 2002 - 2003: Study abroad at the Charles University, Prague.
- 1998: A-Level in Berlin
Publications and lectures
A list of selected publications is available here: Publications (as of January 2020).